69.2 K Views
CrackedConsole
(@crackedconsole)
Member Admin
Topic starter  
Posted by: @nistelrooybm

@crackedconsole

All is ok my friend

I tried the pi zero on the usb. Power and it was fine so I reworked the gpio pins and was spot on

Now I just medd to figure a way to put roms inside the image and get used to the controls 

Will also print your case design

Thanks for the help

Good deal!

Give this suggest from earlier a try, this should solve your problems. Just need a USB stick you can connect to it.

Use a USB stick to transfer the ROMs

USB stick

1. (ensure that your USB stick is formatted to FAT32 or exFAT)
  2. create a folder called retropie on your USB stick
  3. plug it into the RetroPie system and wait for it to finish blinking
  4. pull the USB stick out and plug it into a computer
  5. add the roms to their respective folders (within the retropie/roms folder)
  6. plug it back into the RetroPie system
  7. wait for it to finish blinking
  8. you can now remove the USB stick
  9. refresh the game listing in Emulationstation by pressing F4, or choosing 'Restart Emulationstation'/'Restart System' via the start menu.

ReplyQuote
Junior
(@nistelrooybm)

Hello @crackedconsole

So I did put games in the folders and all is running fine except for gba games

I put both zip and the gba archive and the emulator loads them but in a couple of seconds returns to the rooms selection screen. Any idea what could be happening? 

ReplyQuote
CrackedConsole
(@crackedconsole)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

Hello @crackedconsole

So I did put games in the folders and all is running fine except for gba games

I put both zip and the gba archive and the emulator loads them but in a couple of seconds returns to the rooms selection screen. Any idea what could be happening? 

I honestly haven't tested GBA, I'll see if I can get some GBA ROMs loaded on mine in the next couple of days and see if I can replicate the issue

ReplyQuote
Junior
(@nistelrooybm)

Hello @crackedconsole

Sorry to bother but did you get a chance to look at that gba problem of not loading roms? Thanks 

ReplyQuote
CrackedConsole
(@crackedconsole)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

Hello @crackedconsole

Sorry to bother but did you get a chance to look at that gba problem of not loading roms? Thanks 

I have the same error as well, I tried a few GBA roms and same issue. I'm going to look into the backend and verify what EMu is in use and possibly release a fix and or updated Image this weekend.

ReplyQuote
CrackedConsole
(@crackedconsole)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

Hello @crackedconsole

Download and place the gba_bios.bin in your Retropie BIOS folder, all should work from there

ReplyQuote
Junior
(@nistelrooybm)

@crackedconsole thanks so much all is good now

All I need is to print that case and we are off to playing it literally everywhere ? ? 

ReplyQuote
jbach50
(@jbach50)
Trusted Member

@nistelrooybm the case is a good one I have mine for a while yet and it makes a nice system

ReplyQuote
Junior
(@nistelrooybm)

@jbach50 I trusted a colleague with the task of printing the case because he has a 3d printer but he has been busy lately so I have not been playing with it outside my home for obvious reasons. Anywho I need to buy a bigger battery because the one I currently have is dying within Half hour play time. But the system is almost the stuff of my dreams only thing is I would make it slightly bigger just a half inch to better place controls and maybe a little bigger screen but it's fine like it is. ?

ReplyQuote
jbach50
(@jbach50)
Trusted Member

@nistelrooybm I bought my case right here on the website I don't have a 3D printer either

ReplyQuote
CrackedConsole
(@crackedconsole)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

@jbach50 I trusted a colleague with the task of printing the case because he has a 3d printer but he has been busy lately so I have not been playing with it outside my home for obvious reasons. Anywho I need to buy a bigger battery because the one I currently have is dying within Half hour play time. But the system is almost the stuff of my dreams only thing is I would make it slightly bigger just a half inch to better place controls and maybe a little bigger screen but it's fine like it is. ?

I can print you a case if you wish, with custom colors are as well. I may even be able to include a battery as I bought a few while setting up this project.

ReplyQuote
jbach50
(@jbach50)
Trusted Member

@crackedconsole I can attest, the cases are nice

ReplyQuote
Junior
(@nistelrooybm)

@crackedconsole I may need your services since the person I ordered the printed case is not working for some reason... How much would you charge for it and shipping to Brazil? 

ReplyQuote
CrackedConsole
(@crackedconsole)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

@crackedconsole I may need your services since the person I ordered the printed case is not working for some reason... How much would you charge for it and shipping to Brazil? 

Last time I looked into shipping outside of the US, it was $30+USD to ship to Canada. So I assume it may be fairly pricey sadly.

First best option would be check Thingiverse where the source files are, and see if they have a local printing service that can provide a print. Else I'll see how much it would cost to send it overseas.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3855643

ReplyQuote
Joshua
(@joshua)

Hi, is HDMI supposed to still work with the Gamepi15 and this image? Mine doesn't work, tried with 2 different screens and 2 different hdmi cables/adapters.

Is there something I need to change/setup in settings?

Thanks

ReplyQuote
Page 11 / 13
Share: