Mini PC Engine / TurboGrafx-16 build, based off a RaspberryPi zero w

6 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
CrackedConsole
(@crackedconsole)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

I think I finally decided to pause picking up around the house and messing with Christmas lights for this upcoming season log enough to play with a new little project.
I saw someone posting they wanted a Raspberry Pi based PCEgine console, and I was able to find one on Thingiverse

Files used:

PC Engine Pi Zero Case

PC Engine HuCard (I resized it down 50% to fit the case)

So far, I've only printed the parts, a ton of sanding and prep work is needed before I can lay down the first coats of flat white paint.

Fresh off the printer.

All parts laid out.

Test fitting the hardware.

Assembly test.

CrackedConsole
(@crackedconsole)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

A couple quick updates, I was able to do the body filler, sanding and first coat of primer this weekend.

Due to the CoVID-19 crisis, my top coat paint wont be here for another week sadly.

You can see here in the pictures, I need to do some more sand and filler work. More to come!

ReplyQuote
CrackedConsole
(@crackedconsole)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

First round of Primer and sanding and refilling is complete.

It's now in the basement awaiting primer coat #2 to dry.

Once coat #2 dries, I will be going with a finer grit sand paper to smooth everything out, then wait for the white paint to arrive.

ReplyQuote
CrackedConsole
(@crackedconsole)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

White paint came, as well as green.
Sadly the green is abit darker than I had hoped, but I'll just have to make due.

First 2 coats of white and green are set aside to dry, I should be able to start wet sanding tonight after work.

ReplyQuote
CrackedConsole
(@crackedconsole)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

I'm running my first page of labels, I made several different sizes to test out scale and should be applying them this weekend (once paint dries)

Also, the final coat of white is complete, a few areas just didn't come out as well as I had hoped sadly.

But atleast now I can start packing the Pi inside.

ReplyQuote
CrackedConsole
(@crackedconsole)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

Finally done!
I decided to just hot glue the power switch into place, as this is more of a shelf item rather than one I will play.
I still did install the Pi Zero though.

I also wasn't happy with the color of the power switch either, Maybe I'll get some lighter green and redo it at some point.

ReplyQuote
Share: