Mini PC Engine / TurboGrafx-16 build, based off a RaspberryPi zero w
I think I finally decided to pause picking up around the house and messing with Christmas lights for this upcoming season log enough to play with a new little project.
I saw someone posting they wanted a Raspberry Pi based PCEgine console, and I was able to find one on Thingiverse
PC Engine HuCard (I resized it down 50% to fit the case)
So far, I've only printed the parts, a ton of sanding and prep work is needed before I can lay down the first coats of flat white paint.
Fresh off the printer.
All parts laid out.
Test fitting the hardware.
A couple quick updates, I was able to do the body filler, sanding and first coat of primer this weekend.
Due to the CoVID-19 crisis, my top coat paint wont be here for another week sadly.
You can see here in the pictures, I need to do some more sand and filler work. More to come!
First round of Primer and sanding and refilling is complete.
It's now in the basement awaiting primer coat #2 to dry.
Once coat #2 dries, I will be going with a finer grit sand paper to smooth everything out, then wait for the white paint to arrive.
White paint came, as well as green.
Sadly the green is abit darker than I had hoped, but I'll just have to make due.
First 2 coats of white and green are set aside to dry, I should be able to start wet sanding tonight after work.
I'm running my first page of labels, I made several different sizes to test out scale and should be applying them this weekend (once paint dries)
Also, the final coat of white is complete, a few areas just didn't come out as well as I had hoped sadly.
But atleast now I can start packing the Pi inside.
I decided to just hot glue the power switch into place, as this is more of a shelf item rather than one I will play.
I still did install the Pi Zero though.
I also wasn't happy with the color of the power switch either, Maybe I'll get some lighter green and redo it at some point.