10 Users
33 Likes
70.4 K Views
CrackedConsole
(@crackedconsole)
Member Admin
Topic starter  
Posted by: @joshua

Hi, is HDMI supposed to still work with the Gamepi15 and this image? Mine doesn't work, tried with 2 different screens and 2 different hdmi cables/adapters.

Is there something I need to change/setup in settings?

Thanks

I have not tested this on our image. I will try this out in the next couple of days and see what the fix is. 
I will post my findings, and if need be an updated img file for use.

ReplyQuote
7ames
(@7ames)

not sure what's going on but when i boot up the image at first, works great. Then I add the gba and psx bios then if i turn it off it wont boot up again. 
(using a 32gb micro sd card)

ReplyQuote
7ames
(@7ames)

sorry also should note i'm trying to install PSX-rearmed (wouldnt let me edit the previous post to add this) 

ReplyQuote
CrackedConsole
(@crackedconsole)
Member Admin
Topic starter  
Posted by: @7ames

sorry also should note i'm trying to install PSX-rearmed (wouldnt let me edit the previous post to add this) 

What commands are you using to install the PSX-rearmed? Also, are you doing that AND adding the GBA and PSX BIOS? I have both BIOS files on mine and it boots fine. It almost sounds like it's doing a full apt-update or otherwise while installing PSX-rearmed

ReplyQuote
7ames
(@7ames)

@crackedconsole

I just use the menu options.

RetroPie > RetroPie Setup > Manage Packages > Manage Optional Packages > 32 pcsx_rearmed > Install from binary.
And after installing it won't boot up after I turn it off :/ I tried to install from source but it was taking forever to install. Maybe installing it causes a conflict of a config file ? No idea

ReplyQuote
CrackedConsole
(@crackedconsole)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

@crackedconsole

I just use the menu options.

RetroPie > RetroPie Setup > Manage Packages > Manage Optional Packages > 32 pcsx_rearmed > Install from binary.
And after installing it won't boot up after I turn it off :/ I tried to install from source but it was taking forever to install. Maybe installing it causes a conflict of a config file ? No idea

That is for sure interesting, I'll see if I can get one of my spare devices booted up this week/weekend and run through the same steps and see what I can figure out for you bud

ReplyQuote
7ames
(@7ames)

Thanks. I really appreciate the time and help you've given so far. The PinkyPiX image / display driver looks great with the GBA and other emulators. 
It's just that PSX one that I cant get to work. 

ReplyQuote
CrackedConsole
(@crackedconsole)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

Thanks. I really appreciate the time and help you've given so far. The PinkyPiX image / display driver looks great with the GBA and other emulators. 
It's just that PSX one that I cant get to work. 

I just ran through the process on a fresh SD card with PinkyPi X 1.1 flashed to it.
Instead of using the menu, I used Putty to SSH into the device over the network. I ran retropie_setup from the (the same as going through the menus).
I installed from Binary option 132 psxrearmed and rebooted.

It came up and I can see the screen and everything. I haven't dropped the bios files on yet, but I can't see how that would change anything sadly.

Are you able to use putty to SSH into the device when you boot it up and try installing it that way?

ReplyQuote
7ames
(@7ames)

@crackedconsole
I haven't used Putty before but i'll give it a go.

I've downloaded it and entered the IP address. what's the login details for the Pinky Pi image ? 
also any steps after that might be a bit difficult for a newb ? 

ReplyQuote
CrackedConsole
(@crackedconsole)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

@crackedconsole
I haven't used Putty before but i'll give it a go.

I've downloaded it and entered the IP address. what's the login details for the Pinky Pi image ? 
also any steps after that might be a bit difficult for a newb ? 

Download PuTtY

The host name you want to use should just be retropi , you may need to check your router or the Pi itself to see what IP address it has once WiFi is configured.

Username and password is as follows

pi   /  raspberry

From here you can run the following

cd ~/RetroPie-Setup
sudo ./retropie-setup.sh

I have a guide for installing Pixel Desktop. But accessing the RetroPie-Setup is the same

https://www.crackedconsole.com/2019/04/18/installing-pixel-desktop-environment-on-retropie-for-raspberry-pi/

Run through the install of PSX from there, again this should be the same as doing it from the menus.

I did my testing on a fresh clean install of the PinkyPi X image, and the only thing I did was install the PSX rearmed package from Binary, rebooted and made sure video and everything worked. I did not run any other installs or setup.

ReplyQuote
7ames
(@7ames)

Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Using Putty to install the emulator with the instructions went well. 

But then I didn't know how to set the new pcsx emulator as default. I opened up a configuration file, set pcsx as default in the file. But when it loaded the rom, I didn't have any controls. Not a single button. 

Tried to format it and start again. Now after I reboot after the emulator install, it won't load emulation station. 

ReplyQuote
CrackedConsole
(@crackedconsole)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Using Putty to install the emulator with the instructions went well. 

But then I didn't know how to set the new pcsx emulator as default. I opened up a configuration file, set pcsx as default in the file. But when it loaded the rom, I didn't have any controls. Not a single button. 

Tried to format it and start again. Now after I reboot after the emulator install, it won't load emulation station. 

To change the default emulator, you can do so in the runcommand

https://retropie.org.uk/docs/Runcommand/

As for the controls, you have to configure these. They will not work right out of the box.

This article is more geared for the RetroFlag GPI Case, but the controller setup portion will get you into the right place.

https://www.reddit.com/r/retroflag_gpi/comments/d91tuv/how_to_get_pcsxrearmed_to_work_on_retropie_for/

You want to choose keyboard for your input, then go through the key mappings.

ReplyQuote
7ames
(@7ames)

Thank you for the help. I eventually got it all working with the PCSX reArmed emulator. 
Not sure why I had so much trouble with it. But all the steps you gave me worked beautifully. 

ReplyQuote
CrackedConsole
(@crackedconsole)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

Thank you for the help. I eventually got it all working with the PCSX reArmed emulator. 
Not sure why I had so much trouble with it. But all the steps you gave me worked beautifully. 

Awesome! That's great news, I'm glad you got it worked out! Thank you for the follow up

ReplyQuote
7ames
(@7ames)

Hi everyone, I've been having some problems with the device lately. When I try to turn it on it doesn't do anything. As if there was no SD card inserted. I've tried using another sd card but same issue. It has full charge. SD cards are the same ones I've always used and worked fine. Any ideas on what the problem could be ? 

ReplyQuote
Page 12 / 13
Share: