195 Posts
10 Users
33 Likes
69.8 K Views
CrackedConsole
(@crackedconsole)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

I'm looking into pulling the bottom back about 3mm - 3.5mm so its not so boxy, but gaining access to the USB port and HDMI port look to be a pain with out abit of extra work.

The Pi logo came out decent, I could either remove this, or replace it with a different design speaker grill and possibly get access to the HDMI and USB port, I'm just curious how often those would be used on such a device

Also looking at the alignment of the volume control, unless I do something such as a small volume dial (like 2mm around or so) I may have to get real creative to utilize it and not hit the trigger buttons

So I'm thinking I will make a volume wheel cap, with an extension shaft about 2-2.5mm around that extends to the outside of the case. Sadly this is the simplest solution and still provides hardware volume control.

ReplyQuote
jbach50
(@jbach50)
Trusted Member

@crackedconsole

It varies a couple of minutes half hour couple of times I left it on until the battery died that's why I'm thinking it could be the battery but most of the times when it crashed I I picked it up when starting a game the thing would shut down and then reboot but the pie would be dead

ReplyQuote
mrcranky
(@mrcranky)

Hey,

I just got my GamePi15 and found this site while browsing reddit for more info on it. Just wanted to say that I'm really looking forward to the release, and that I will definitely contribute some $ if this if the STLs are posted, but if you don't want to post them  since you have put a lot of work into it, I'm looking forward to buying it.

Thanks for your hard work!

ReplyQuote
CrackedConsole
(@crackedconsole)
Member Admin
Topic starter  
Posted by: @mrcranky

Hey,

I just got my GamePi15 and found this site while browsing reddit for more info on it. Just wanted to say that I'm really looking forward to the release, and that I will definitely contribute some $ if this if the STLs are posted, but if you don't want to post them  since you have put a lot of work into it, I'm looking forward to buying it.

Thanks for your hard work!

Welcome and glad to have you!

After long internal debate, I did decide to provide the files for free on Thingiverse once they are complete (hopefully this weekend!)
Donations are always welcome but not expected.

I do plan on offering pre-printed cases as well as full units for sale as well, but I am more than happy to share my work with the community once it's all complete!

Again welcome, and please feel free to chime in with questions or design suggestions at anytime, also be sure to grab the pre-compiled RetroPie 4.5.1 image in our downloads if you wish.

ReplyQuote
jbach50
(@jbach50)
Trusted Member

got my replacement PiZero, works fine when used with my 5 inch hdmi screen (the way I used to use it) the gamepi15 works fine when used on my rpi3b (just pushed onto the gpio pins, using the battery, maybe the rpi3b is more robust, able to handle variances more, that or touching the back of the pizero, I must have shorted something

ReplyQuote
jbach50
(@jbach50)
Trusted Member

also, someone on FB posted pics of a GamePi20, looked it up its a waveshare China thing, not on the us based site, similar to the 15, but has a case already

ReplyQuote
jbach50
(@jbach50)
Trusted Member

@crackedconsole

im getting a wpa error when I try to config wifi

ReplyQuote
mrcranky
(@mrcranky)

Posted by: @crackedconsole

After long internal debate, I did decide to provide the files for free on Thingiverse once they are complete (hopefully this weekend!)

I do plan on offering pre-printed cases as well as full units for sale as well, but I am more than happy to share my work with the community once it's all complete!

Again welcome, and please feel free to chime in with questions or design suggestions at anytime, also be sure to grab the pre-compiled RetroPie 4.5.1 image in our downloads if you wish.

That's a hard choice to make, and if you change your mind, it makes sense to me.

I just downloaded the image and it works great. Unlike the waveshare image, I can actually read the game names!!! Only one question... in MAME, how do I add a coin?  I tried many different combinations of buttons and had no luck.

Thanks again! I'm really glad that I found this site.

ReplyQuote
jbach50
(@jbach50)
Trusted Member

nvm fixed it :>

ReplyQuote
CrackedConsole
(@crackedconsole)
Member Admin
Topic starter  
Posted by: @mrcranky
Posted by: @crackedconsole

That's a hard choice to make, and if you change your mind, it makes sense to me.

I just downloaded the image and it works great. Unlike the waveshare image, I can actually read the game names!!! Only one question... in MAME, how do I add a coin?  I tried many different combinations of buttons and had no luck.

Thanks again! I'm really glad that I found this site.

To be honest, I haven't touched the MAME portion yet, I'll look at it tonight.
What MAME folder did you drop your ROMs in, I want to make sure I'm following your same steps to make sure I get the same results.

I can toy with it tonight and update the ROM as well

ReplyQuote
CrackedConsole
(@crackedconsole)
Member Admin
Topic starter  
Posted by: @jbach50

nvm fixed it :>

What was the issue

ReplyQuote
CrackedConsole
(@crackedconsole)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

Well would you look at that, we've been added to the Waveshare GamePi15 Wiki page!

ReplyQuote
CrackedConsole
(@crackedconsole)
Member Admin
Topic starter  
Posted by: @jbach50

also, someone on FB posted pics of a GamePi20, looked it up its a waveshare China thing, not on the us based site, similar to the 15, but has a case already

I saw that as well, fun little device!

GamePi20 on Amazon

ReplyQuote
jbach50
(@jbach50)
Trusted Member

@crackedconsole

im waiting til they have them in stock here in the US, like I did for the game hat and gamepi15 (same for the gamepi43)

ReplyQuote
jbach50
(@jbach50)
Trusted Member

@crackedconsole

needed to edit the wpa-Supplicant.conf (tell it what country and my network info, had to do that with the other pinky pi image)

ReplyQuote
Page 6 / 13
Share: