PinkyPi Pro - Build log

126 Posts
6 Users
19 Likes
214.8 K Views
ivanothai
(@ivanothai)
Eminent Member

display arrived today, tonight I try to put your iso image and see how it goes (all the rest of the components montero after)

ReplyQuote
CrackedConsole
(@crackedconsole)
Member Admin
Topic starter  
Posted by: ivanothai

display arrived today, tonight I try to put your iso image and see how it goes (all the rest of the components montero after)

Nice!

Let me know how the image works out for you

ReplyQuote
fragman
(@fragman)
Eminent Member

I burned your image on my SD and it works perfectly ! you did an awesome job ! ? 

ReplyQuote
CrackedConsole
(@crackedconsole)
Member Admin
Topic starter  
Posted by: fragman

I burned your image on my SD and it works perfectly ! you did an awesome job ! ? 

Awesome! Glad to hear!

This is still just build 1.0 of the image, for now it's going to stay as is, unless I find any issues with performance or keymaps on specific emulators.

I still need to go through my build and reduce the amount of slack and spare wire I have bundled up in my case and try and fit the battery again, its close.... but not there yet.

ReplyQuote
fragman
(@fragman)
Eminent Member

For now , i can report a few bugs :

N64 emulator dont work  roms  .n64 and .z64

buttons dont work on mame emulator 

ReplyQuote
CrackedConsole
(@crackedconsole)
Member Admin
Topic starter  
Posted by: fragman

For now , i can report a few bugs :

N64 emulator dont work  roms  .n64 and .z64

buttons dont work on mame emulator 

Due to the hardware limitations of the Pi Zero, N64 most likely wont work, thus no effort has been put into setting that emulator up.

RaspberryPi Zero

Retropie runs very well on the Pi Zero with the proviso that the games you run are the older sorts of consoles like older arcade machines and early consoles and computers like the NES, SNES, MegaDrive and Master System, Commodore 64 and Sinclair Spectrum. Running graphics-hungry modern consoles like the Playstation or N64 are possible, but the emulated performance is nowhere near up to the speed of the original machines with their custom chips. They stutter and stop and are effectively unplayable. This is also true of the Pi1 and Pi2.

N64 Games List

Contains a list of N64 games and if they work on a Pi2 or Pi3 and what issues exist. But again, the performance and compatibility just isn't there with a PiZero so I've skipped past it, as well as things like the PS1.
SNES was the highest I went, though I haven't tested all the emulators, so there may be issues with some others.

I'll look at MAME this weekend, work has been rough for me this week, and once I have the fix I will update the images as well as add the fix to the forums so you wont have to re-download.

Thank you very much for the feedback!

ReplyQuote
ivanothai
(@ivanothai)
Eminent Member

hello I installed everything, but as you can see from the image in the menu I find only retropie, no emulator or game installed, is it normal or is there something wrong with my image ?? thank you

ReplyQuote
ivanothai
(@ivanothai)
Eminent Member

ReplyQuote
CrackedConsole
(@crackedconsole)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

hello I installed everything, but as you can see from the image in the menu I find only retropie, no emulator or game installed, is it normal or is there something wrong with my image ?? thank you

Emulators are installed, just no ROMS. Sharing ROMs is illegal and software piracy, thus we cannot do that here nor provide them in the images.

Most people can find them with a simple search.

As for the emulators, like every other retropie build, they wont show up until roms on in the folder for each emulator.
This is normal and to be expected.

ReplyQuote
ivanothai
(@ivanothai)
Eminent Member

OK! I got it. I usually found a complete picture of everything. I don't have a lot of experience to insert the roms one by one, I don't know where to start. is there not a file or something to insert in my complete 32gb image to make all the drivers and settings you have created known? Help

ReplyQuote
ivanothai
(@ivanothai)
Eminent Member

WiFi not work for me (errore location set up???) Help me

ReplyQuote
ivanothai
(@ivanothai)
Eminent Member

all solved and everything works, thanks

ReplyQuote
CrackedConsole
(@crackedconsole)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

all solved and everything works, thanks

Hey, just saw this.

Looks like you got it sorted, but for WiFi you would make the wpa_supplicant.conf file on the /boot folder of the SD card before putting it into the Raspberry Pi.

Once on WiFi you can either SSH or SCP into it and do the work needed or you can goto

\\retropie\ 

And there will be a roms folder there, you can place the roms for each system in their appropriate folders (NES, SNES) etc.

ReplyQuote
ivanothai
(@ivanothai)
Eminent Member

I did exactly what you wrote, everything works. I have yet to test mame and see how it goes, thanks

ReplyQuote
CrackedConsole
(@crackedconsole)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

I did exactly what you wrote, everything works. I have yet to test mame and see how it goes, thanks

Great news!

Per fragmans post, MAME may not work. I have yet to get around to looking into it and may not till this weekend. But once I check it out and fix it, I'll upload new images as well as post what the fix is here for those that have the image installed already, you'll just be able to apply the MAME fix.

ReplyQuote
Page 5 / 9
Share: