Eminent Member

ReplyQuote
CrackedConsole
(@crackedconsole)
Member Admin
Topic starter  
Posted by: ivanothai

I love it!
I can't wait to see how it comes out. I enjoy seeing all of you guys feedback and really excited to see others putting one together.
Depending on how your printer handles the trigger flap overhang, it may need some filing or trimming / cleanup so the triggers move freely with out snagging the case.

I'm looking forward to seeing it come together.
Also, the 2 5mm standoffs go below the parts shelf and raise it up above the Pi.

For screws and standoffs, I used.

2x 18mm Female/Female standoffs

2x 10mm Female/Female standoffs

2x 6mm or 8mm screws

2x 12mm screws

ReplyQuote
ivanothai
(@ivanothai)
Eminent Member

we hope it prints well, I don't see automatic trigger supports as soon as it finishes but I take photos

ReplyQuote
ivanothai
(@ivanothai)
Eminent Member

as I imagined some parts were printed in a weak way and to clean up the supports the central part of the case was broken between the triggers. I'm printing dinuovo with 100% filling meanwhile I printed joystick lever and start and select keys in black and the 4 blue red yellow and green game buttons 🙂

ReplyQuote
ivanothai
(@ivanothai)
Eminent Member

the printed keys are slightly larger than the holes in the case, they must be filed to enter. I do not know if it is a problem of my printer not 100% calibrated though

ReplyQuote
ivanothai
(@ivanothai)
Eminent Member

ReplyQuote
CrackedConsole
(@crackedconsole)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

I haven't had to file my buttons or holes, I always end up printing the case at 20% and haven't had anything on it break either, thats interesting the center support between the triggers failed. I'll look into a way to add rigidity to that area.
The buttons may not be fitting correctly if there is too much "squish" on your first layer, that end up making the button holes smaller and they may not fit then, maybe I can open the holes up some in the software to accommodate for this.

ReplyQuote
ivanothai
(@ivanothai)
Eminent Member

100% printed everything ok I await the display for tomorrow max Wednesday. I assemble it for now only with the display waiting for all the components. when do you release the image ready with the drivers and emulators ready? Thank you

ReplyQuote
ivanothai
(@ivanothai)
Eminent Member

sorry already you know the measurements of nylon standoffs to insert?

ReplyQuote
ivanothai
(@ivanothai)
Eminent Member

found on ebay at a lower price than AliExpress now:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.it%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F163627239572

ReplyQuote
CrackedConsole
(@crackedconsole)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

sorry already you know the measurements of nylon standoffs to insert?

From above

For screws and standoffs, I used.

2x 18mm Female/Female standoffs

2x 10mm Female/Female standoffs

2x 6mm or 8mm screws

2x 12mm screws

I worked on assembly of mine yesterday, and got abit trigger happy with the wires (tooooo long and overlapping) and it literally took up all the room for the battery.

I'm going to work on rewiring it this week/weekend to make sure I can fit the battery in if I perform better cable management.

ReplyQuote
CrackedConsole
(@crackedconsole)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

100% printed everything ok I await the display for tomorrow max Wednesday. I assemble it for now only with the display waiting for all the components. when do you release the image ready with the drivers and emulators ready? Thank you

Give me another 1-2 days to wrap up the images for PinkyPi.

I also need to find a file host for each file, compressed they are about 1.5GB big, and my webhost wont allow me to store files that large

ReplyQuote
fragman
(@fragman)
Eminent Member

hi , i recieve my LCD hat today and i just discover that it's not a ST7789 chip . So the driver is for LCD (LCD-show) sreens and you can find it Here

then here the command to install it : 

tar xvf LCD-show.tar.gz
cd LCD-show/ 

sudo ./LCD154-show

the driver dont use Retrogame but GPIO controller and all buttons works well . if have finish to compile a retropie 4.4 with all drivers , i will share the .Img soon 

ReplyQuote
CrackedConsole
(@crackedconsole)
Member Admin
Topic starter  
Posted by: fragman

hi , i recieve my LCD hat today and i just discover that it's not a ST7789 chip . So the driver is for LCD (LCD-show) sreens and you can find it Here

then here the command to install it : 

tar xvf LCD-show.tar.gz
cd LCD-show/ 

sudo ./LCD154-show

the driver dont use Retrogame but GPIO controller and all buttons works well . if have finish to compile a retropie 4.4 with all drivers , i will share the .Img soon 

It's an ST7789 chip for sure, the manufacturer even confirmed this with me via email.

To build the driver with the fbcp-ili4391 driver you must use the ST7789VW option, with the LCD-Show driver they include will not perform well enough for gaming.
They also use the mk_arcade_joystick_rpi GPIO driver in their setup, I ended up using the RetroGame driver instead and used it on all PinkyPi builds.

I'm not sure if it was one of their drivers, or RetroPie setup or what, but even after getting the fbcp-ili9341 driver working on their image, NES and SNES performed very very poorly.

With a fresh build of RetroPie 4.4, with RetroeGame for GPIO and fbcp-ili9341 for display, I was able to play Pilot Wings and other games with no noticeable lag or slow down. I also did change to PiSNES for the default SNES emulator and setup the controls for it.

I may swap up the Genesis emulator as well, but want to test that tonight before uploading the first version of the PinkyPi Pro image.

ReplyQuote
CrackedConsole
(@crackedconsole)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

I ended up finding a filehost and purchasing a yearly subscription so I am able to share PinkyPi, PinkyPi Pro and soon PiBro images as well as other larger files.

You can grab PinkyPi Pro image version 1.0 from here

[download id="1171"]

Notes

Using fbcp-ili9341 display driver.
Using RetroGame GPIO controller driver. 
Using PiSNES as default SNES emulator

ReplyQuote
Page 4 / 9
Share: