126 Posts
6 Users
19 Likes
214.3 K Views
CrackedConsole
(@crackedconsole)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

cmake -DST7789VW=ON -DGPIO_TFT_DATA_CONTROL=22 -DGPIO_TFT_RESET_PIN=27 -DDMA_TX_CHANNEL=9 -DDMA_RX_CHANNEL=2 -DSPI_BUS_CLOCK_DIVISOR=6 -DDISPLAY_ROTATE_180_DEGREES=ON -DSTATISTICS=1 ..

Is my current build string, I changed the DMA channels and removed the explicit DMA Tranfers On option.
I'm still having slight start button issues, but not as bad as before in my initial testing, and it makes me wonder if its just pin polling and missing when there is high CPU, but I'm half asleep and taking a guess there.

I will continue to plug away, and hopefully this weekend I can assemble everything minus the battery and give it the final stamp for release on Thingiverse.

ReplyQuote
ivanothai
(@ivanothai)
Eminent Member

thank you

ReplyQuote
CrackedConsole
(@crackedconsole)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

Just a Pre-Weekend update.

This weekend I will be doing the following; PinkyPi Pro specific

Assembling the audio circuit / charging circuit and designing a "support" bed for those items to rest on. (still sadly waiting on the battery)
Once the above is complete, I will be releasing the 3D files on Thingiverse
Testing my second display for the same start button randomly failing issue
Testing the factory build image and display driver on the current display and new display to see if the start button issue persists
Assembling part kits for the online store and printing up a limited run of SNES themed cases and colored buttons for the store

Once I isolate, or hopefully isolate the start button issue, I will be compiling prebuilt RetroPie images for the following

PinkyPi - 1.3inch version (240x240 display)
PinkyPi - 1.4inch version (128x128 display)
PinkyPi Pro - 1.5inch version (240x240 display)

ReplyQuote
ivanothai
(@ivanothai)
Eminent Member

News? ? 

ReplyQuote
CrackedConsole
(@crackedconsole)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

Here is what is completed thus far;

Factory image tested with me troublesome start button device, start would still fail.
I then swapped to my second spare display, and tested the start button, without issue.

A couple of things to note.

• I hooked my multimeter up to the display I removed and tested the start button several times, at the pins on the button itself as well as from the Ground pin on the pin header as well as the start buttons pin on the pin header. It worked everytime.
  • I've since changed the way I map my controls as I was doing Select on left and Start on right. I now map Start on left and Select on right. The right side is what was giving me problems.
  • Since making the change, I have yet to have an issue, but I also replaced the hardware.

As for design and case release;

• Shell and button and joystick design are complete.
  • I'm working on the electronics "shelf" piece as I write this and should be ready by this evening for me to test fitting the parts on, this is kinda the last piece before I release the files on Thingiverse.

I've also ordered an 8GB SD card that should be here in a couple of days, the idea with this is I'll do fresh installs of RetroPie and configure the display driver and input settings for each PinkyPi version. (1.3 inch display, 1.4inch display, and PinkyPi Pro).
I can then export the image and make my life easier for sharing it with others, with out having to deal with shrinking partition sizes etc.

I did get a few cases printed up to make available as well as got things together to package and ship them and the electronic parts kits.

Now to find a location to host all the prebuilt images, as my webhost wont allow me to host files that large.

ReplyQuote
CrackedConsole
(@crackedconsole)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

Quick update as I'm testing the electronics shelf, I realized the charger wont fit in the location I had hoped, so I am working on a case redesign that moves the speaker location and charging port.

It may take a couple of revisions to get it right, but this is the quick fix for now, more to come as I actually get it redesigned and tested out today.

ReplyQuote
CrackedConsole
(@crackedconsole)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

I've got the first "final" design of the shelf ready for the printer.

I've added some cutouts for the Volume wheel, a small standoff for the Amp to sit on and clear the volume pot, and (not shown in image) a backstop for the charging module.

There are also 2 5mm standoffs included, the idea is these sit under the shelf on one half of the case, to hold everything in place when it's all screwed together.

A general idea of the component layout, minus the speaker that will now sit near the charging circuit (blue).
The Amp is green and the Volume wheel is black in the above pic.

This redesign has thrown off my release timeline abit as I work through these issues, but it should only bew a few days more to validate and tweak this layout.

ReplyQuote
CrackedConsole
(@crackedconsole)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

A screw parts list I am currently using; logging to keep my own sanity lol.

2x 12mm screws
2x 6mm screws
2x 18mm standoffs (f/f)
2x 10mm standoffs (f/f)

ReplyQuote
ivanothai
(@ivanothai)
Eminent Member

great job, you're already well underway.
I have to wait about 1 month to get all the material.
display not yet arrived ....

ReplyQuote
CrackedConsole
(@crackedconsole)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

I think... think... this will be the final shelf design for the electronics.

I've went through several changes last night to get everything to sit just right, and had to make some slight changes to the case itself as well (I'll be printing and testing both today).

The shame is, I printed 8 full cases this past weekend, all the wrong version where the charging IC doesn't fit.
But once I work out these small kinks, I'm going to print another large batch of these cases and make them available for sale.

I like the electronics shelf so much, I just may make one for PinkyPi standard as well.

ReplyQuote
ivanothai
(@ivanothai)
Eminent Member

then release the 3d project on thingiverse next week?

ReplyQuote
CrackedConsole
(@crackedconsole)
Member Admin
Topic starter  
Posted by: ivanothai

then release the 3d project on thingiverse next week?

That is the goal, I want to make sure everything I can think of is worked out and "fixed" before the first public release.

I may of course come up with better design ideas and changes, but as it stands right now it is pretty close to final.

ReplyQuote
fragman
(@fragman)
Eminent Member

While waiting the screen hat , i am trying to make it work with a 0.96 inch ST7789 screen  from here : Oled 0.96

but the driver works bad , LCD Screen 

i have hacked the Cs pin witch is missing on this module but .... 

wait and see ...

ReplyQuote
CrackedConsole
(@crackedconsole)
Member Admin
Topic starter  
Posted by: fragman

While waiting the screen hat , i am trying to make it work with a 0.96 inch ST7789 screen  from here : Oled 0.96

but the driver works bad , LCD Screen 

i have hacked the Cs pin witch is missing on this module but .... 

wait and see ...

If you have it wired up and working with their supplied driver, give the fbcp-ili9341 driver a go, like I am using with the 1.5inch screen, just change the compile lines to match your data channel pin.
It's a faster display driver and why I wanted to use it over what the manufacture provided.

ReplyQuote
fragman
(@fragman)
Eminent Member

On my screen , pins are SCL,SCA,RES,DC   The configuration pins are TX and RX on the ili driver  for Four pins sreens a suppose 

how to configure pins on my sreen  ?

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 9
Share: