Arduino based RGB LED floor lamp
An update on the ESP code side, I spent last night and today wrapping up the "save current settings to memory" portion.
Meaning, if you have it set to a fire effect or color palette, it will resume the last settings on power loss.
This is done in the same manor the WiFi details, and are stored in the emulated EEPROM on the ESP-01.
This being one of the last items remaining for the ESP code side, minus a couple of bugs and some testing.
Now I have no more excuses to put off working on the mobile app. I guess it's time to stop avoiding it, though in all honesty I've been watching videos for the past week, to get a grasp on everything.
The Mobile app side of things were slow going for abit, I was attempting to "rush" learn either Xamarin with Visual Studio, or just using Android Studio. I was spinning my wheels and wasting way too much time.
I've since decided to make a Trusted Web App and publish that as an Android and iPhone app, I've made a ton of progress in this aspect, and here is a screen cap of a working demo I have thus far.
I've been working a lot over this weekend to get the beta version of the mobile app developed and ready so I can start listing the lamps on the webstore.
The UI and basic layout is well underway, I have some layout / design issues to fix but they are minor. The backend java for discovering devices and managing each device is well underway too. I should have a fully working demo (with limited options) ready within the next 1-2 weeks, with the lamps to follow on the webstore!
About 5 of the 6 effects pages are complete!
Basic functionality has been tested and is working. Once all the main functionality items are complete, I'll be able to publish the Android app and start selling the lamps. I do plan on building out the feature set of the app itself as time goes on.
The last main obstacles are adding the device scanning and management, and converting the Trusted Web App into an Android APK.
Pending any major snags or hang-ups, I think I'm about 1 week out from finishing the mobile application.
The base app is pretty much done, I need to add a few small items and hand it off to a few friends for some testing.
But things are in the home stretch! Pending any major issues, the lamps will be on the webstore here VERY soon!
Version 1 of the mobile is officially complete, ready to bundle into an APK and work on the approval process. I will make it available for download until it gets approved on the Play Store.
I've added the ability to delete devices, clear all settings, manual IP range as well as indication if a device is On,Off or Offline/unreachable.
I also placed and order for parts to assemble several lamps and get them ready to ship!
Here is the final version for release, just a quick some of the menus and added options.
I have successfully compiled build 1.0 of the APK for Android using Cordova!
Spending this past weekend running it on my phone and making tweaks here and there, I've also created my Google Play Developer account so I can start the approval process.
Also underway, is documentation, product page, tutorial and showcase video, and lastly manufacturing of the lamps. I have several assembled and will be starting to list them on the webstore for Backorder once I finish the product page!
The product page can be found at https://crackedconsole.com/candistick and will be updated frequently as I populate and complete it.
Just as a brief update.
The CandiStick is now available on our shop!
Firmware version CS01-103020a has been compiled today with the following fixes.
1. Corrected issue with spaces in the SSID name or password.
The Android app was submitted early in the week to the Google Play store for approval, and we are working on obtaining Mac hardware to compile the iPhone release!