Forum

Installing OctoPrin...

Notifications
Clear all

Installing OctoPrint and Octoprint-TFT to control your 3D Printer, with a touch screen!

32 Posts
10 Users
3 Likes
57.7 K Views
sardauker
(@sardauker)

@crackedconsole

Thank you.
I already tried editing ...supplicant and ...environment, this will be the next try.
Again, thanks 🙂

ReplyQuote
HattyCurll
(@hattycurll)

Hi...when trying to install apps on the Pi, like "sudo apt-get install -y chromium-browser", I am assuming that means that the Pi must be be connected to the internet. My Pis are not normally connected to the internet but I can get around this by configuring them at home. Or what I would really rather do is push things to the Pi directly to the SD card, SSH, or something similar.

ReplyQuote
CrackedConsole
(@crackedconsole)
Member Admin
Topic starter  
Posted by: @hattycurll

Hi...when trying to install apps on the Pi, like "sudo apt-get install -y chromium-browser", I am assuming that means that the Pi must be be connected to the internet. My Pis are not normally connected to the internet but I can get around this by configuring them at home. Or what I would really rather do is push things to the Pi directly to the SD card, SSH, or something similar.

For things like apt-get, as far as I know an internet connection is required. Apt-get connects to the web based repositories for the application as well as its dependencies.

Even something such as a Web Browser can have several dependencies and required modules that need to download and compile, all from possibly different locations and or repositories.
The easiest bet would be to connect it to the internet, install said packages and then remove the gateway if you wish to keep it off the internet long term.

ReplyQuote
CrackedConsole
(@crackedconsole)
Member Admin
Topic starter  
Posted by: @sardauker

@crackedconsole

Thank you.
I already tried editing ...supplicant and ...environment, this will be the next tray.
Again, thanks 🙂

Let me know if this fixes it for you, sadly a fresh install may be needed depending on the changes made trying to get it on the network. 

ReplyQuote
sardauker
(@sardauker)

It is connecting. But... I don't know how nuch, it stepped from error 403 to another "connecting":
I'll work on that, SSH via wifi is alive.

Thank you!!!

ReplyQuote
sardauker
(@sardauker)

ehi, I was just writing my thanks 🙂
thank you again 🙂
I hope to don't bother you anymore.

ReplyQuote
CrackedConsole
(@crackedconsole)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

It is connecting. But... I don't know how nuch, it stepped from error 403 to another "connecting":
I'll work on that, SSH via wifi is alive.

Thank you!!!

My Octoprint webUI can sometimes take 4-5 minutes for it to respond, it will say connecting or "error" etc while it boots. May take a few minutes from a fresh startup.

Great news though! Glad its up on WiFi!

sardauker reacted
ReplyQuote
CrackedConsole
(@crackedconsole)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

ehi, I was just writing my thanks 🙂
thank you again 🙂
I hope to don't bother you anymore.

No bother at all, I'm glad to help  =)

sardauker reacted
ReplyQuote
Jmgoan
(@jmgoan)

Do hoy solve it? I have the same problem.

Thnks

ReplyQuote
Jmgoan
(@jmgoan)

Posted by: @codiferous

Thanks for the reply! I apologize for my delayed response.

The screen I am using is here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06X99HF17/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_image_o01_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And what I am getting is this (though when I first set it up, the buttons were displayed): 

https://youtu.be/-Z9ncO2HIfw

Do you solve it?

ReplyQuote
CrackedConsole
(@crackedconsole)
Member Admin
Topic starter  
Posted by: @jmgoan

Do hoy solve it? I have the same problem.

Thnks

Have you tried the following?

Basic Configuration

The basic configuration is handled via environment variables, if you are using the .deb package you can configure it at /etc/octoprint-tft-environment.

OCTOPRINT_TFT_RESOLUTION - Resolution of the application, should be configured to the resolution of your screen, for example 800x480. By default 480x320.

ReplyQuote
Jon Carroll
(@jonathan-carroll)

Thanks for these instructions.  I finally got it working by installing this as well: https://github.com/tasanakorn/rpi-fbcp

ReplyQuote
CrackedConsole
(@crackedconsole)
Member Admin
Topic starter  
Posted by: @jonathan-carroll

Thanks for these instructions.  I finally got it working by installing this as well: https://github.com/tasanakorn/rpi-fbcp

Awesome! great update

ReplyQuote
woodgeek
(@woodgeek)

Posted by: @codiferous

I am having some small issues though. The screen flashes back to the console every few seconds which is odd. The other issue is that even setting the resolution correctly, it does not occupy the whole screen. Would you know what is going on with that?

Did you ever resolve your issue? My install is doing the same thing. Octoprint works fine but my display switches between Octoscreen and the console every few seconds. 

ReplyQuote
vampirello
(@vampirello)

@crackedconsole , thank you for your guide !

I have installed with success ,my octoprint with monitor tft waveshare LCD35 (c type) .

I have some problem of screen freeze ...do you have solved this issue ?

tnx

Vamp

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 3
Share: